Beautiful lodge alternative to Tobago villas
Ginger Lily is a two-bedroom luxury lodge, offering a beautifully natural environment for those seeking an alternative to the typical Tobago villa experience. This all wooden lodge has air conditioning in the bedrooms, a covered terrace, outside sun deck, and ocean views which look west towards the spectacular Caribbean sunsets. The lodge sits gently on the hillside behind and between Birdsong and Coasthanger lodges and is surrounded by tropical gardens with star fruit, lime and banana trees and the famous red ginger lilies, which flower all year round.
Please click on any photograph and the slide show will begin.
Facilities and features include the following:
- Master bedroom: The air-conditioned master bedroom has good ocean views from the queen size double bed. Adjoining the bedroom is a compact en suite shower room with large mirror and discrete spotlights. There are two very large windows that swivel to open to the breeze and views, or to close for those wishing to use the air conditioning.
- Second bedroom: The second air-conditioned double bedroom is significantly smaller than the master bedroom measuring 10x10 feet, but is designed to the same luxury finish. This bedroom has a queen size bed, and does not have a view of the ocean. Instead, the window looks onto the living area and beyond to the garden. Adjoining the bedroom is a compact en suite shower room.
- Covered open-living area: The spacious area offers an open plan living/dining/kitchen area approximately 20 x 12 feet, with a beautiful hardwood floor made from the yellow cypress trees that we harvest from local sustainable sources in Tobago. This room is furnished with two stylish wicker sofas on which to relax, read a book, or simply take in the view together with coffee table and side tables with lamps. For dining there is a locally made dining table with four comfortable chairs for sharing meals together whilst taking in the views of ocean and garden. This covered terrace also features a large double hammock for up to two people.
- Outside terrace: The spacious outside terrace has an overhanging roof with dining area.
- Kitchen: For guests who are keen on cooking, on one side of this living area is a well-equipped kitchen with cooker, full-size fridge freezer and hardwood cupboards built by local craftsmen, resourced with good quality pots and pans, cutlery, china and glass, toaster, coffee pots and teapots.
Our intention is to provide everything necessary for our clients to enjoy their Tobago holiday rental when staying with us at Castara Retreats.
Need to speak to someone?
Lorna lives in Wales, in the UK and is available to talk with you by phone, if you would find this helpful.
Please call her at the times and days given below.
FROM EUROPE OR THE UK, please ring between the hours of 9am and 6pm Monday to Saturday your time.
Her number is: 0044 (0)7841‑645238.
FROM NORTH OR SOUTH AMERICA, please call between 6am and 12noon Eastern Standard Time Monday to Saturday.
Her number is 011‑44‑7841‑645238.